Being a dad is tough and rewarding at the same time. In between being a role model, a disciplinary figure, a carer, there’s always the inner kid. One thing I’m definitely looking forward to, is to grow up all over again with my kid.
Speaking with my friend who’s also a father, I realised that it’s not just me that’s feeling this way, he himself has readied his cartoon collection “FOR” his child without denying the fact that he will be watching it with him at the same time.
Just a couple of things I’m really looking forward to:
- Watching early morning cartoon channels to see if the new age cartoons are as good as what we watched back then.
- Show him some of our awesome cartoons (Masks, DBZ, Captain Tsubasa, tmnt etc).
- Watching him collect toys.
- Taking him to the movies.
- Playing sports with him.
- Watching sports with him.
- Taking him to live sports.
- Pwning him in computer/console games (This will no doubt be frowned upon by the missus) (Only on school holidays – if you’re reading this)
- Helping him with his homework.
Although my child is still too young, he’s nearing the age when I can begin growing up again and that’s exciting!